- Click on the link to go to the website “Simple Machine Links”. Explore Simple Machines in the House Activity (click on Start).
- Click on these 2 websites and look at the pictures.
- Click on at least 4 websites and gather more information.
- http://www.fi.edu/qa97/spotlight3/ (explanation)
- http://www.mos.org/sln/Leonardo/InventorsToolbox.html (explanation with pictures)
- http://library.thinkquest.org/06aug/02338/ (explanation)
- http://tech.texasdi.org/simplemachines (explanation)
- http://www.school-for-champions.com/science/machines.htm (explanation)
- http://www.cosi.org/files/Flash/simpMach/sm1.html (explanation)
- Dowload and complete both columns for simple machines on Simple Machine Worksheet:
- Describe “How It Works” for each simple machine. Include scientific terms: force, gravity, motion, or friction.
- Draw 1 additional example for each simple machine.
- Draw 1 diagram of a compound machine
- Name each simple machine in the compound machine
- Write what work the compound machine does. Include scientific terms: force, gravity, motion, or friction.